Just 5 minutes walking from Tworooms Ortigia Apartments you can dive in the open see from the big Rock. During the summer period you can also enjoy two large wood decks with easy access to the sea with stairs. Free showers available. Bar and restaurant nearby.
Drive 10 minutes south of Siracusa to Plemmirio peninsula where you can find rocky or sandy beaches. Our favorite are:
- La Pellerina, free small sandy beaches with amazing vertical cliffs
- Varco 23 and Cala Zaffiro, on the site of Costa Bianca, they are new beach resorts with sunbeds, umbrellas, music bar and restaurant.
Drive 20 minutes south of Siracusa. Crowded sandy beaches with disco and amusements, ideal place for young people and teens.
Most popular are Arenella or Fontane Bianche beaches.
Five amazing sandy beaches going from Noto, down in direction of Marzamemi and Porto Palo. In order:
- La Pizzuta, easy to access with car
- Eloro, long beach with car parking nearby. For families
- Marianelli, 15 minutes walking into the reserve, it is usually quite and wild. Naturist beach
- Calamosche, once voted the most beautiful beach in Italy. 20 minutes walking into the reserve. Very crowded in August
- Vendicari, with the old "tonnara" (tuna fish factory") and the possibility to view pink flamingos
Vendicari Natural Reserve
LAGHETTI DI AVOLA - An amazing canyon with a cold crystal clear river, creating beatiful ponds and natural whirlpools. It takes 45-50 minutes walking for the descent to the river and it may be quite tiring on return. The beauty of the place is worth the effort.
Isola delle correnti
Le Dune and Carratois
Beautiful sandy beaches with sunbeds, bar and restaurant service. Music and party at sunset.